Toilet Repair and Installation
There are few things worse than a non-functioning toilet. Our expert plumbers are equipped with the latest training tools needed to provide efficient, professional repairs. We can handle all types of toilet repairs and new toilet installations.
Tips for Avoiding Clogging Your Toilet
Toilets are designed to accept human waste and other closely related items. It can tolerate toilet paper of course, but only when disposed of properly. For example, don't flush a pile of toilet paper clumped together at the same time. Some baby wipes and diapers are marketed as flushable, but history has proven this to be false. Do not flush anything that a toilet was not designed to accept. This includes paper towels, tampons, condoms, dead fish, cigarette butts, cat litter, etc. Those things belong in your garbage can.
Time to Get a New Toilet?
Listen, we know that the prospect of spending hundreds of dollars on something like a toilet isn't exactly exciting, but there are a number of benefits to a new toilet. Regardless of whether your toilet is working properly, if you have had the same one for decades you should consider replacing it.
The Environmental Protection Agency created the Energy Policy Act in 1992 when they noticed how much water conventional toilets wasted. This act requires residential toilets to use no more than 1.6 gallons of water per flush. These days, there are many low flow options that use half that much water or less. Toilets manufactured before this policy went into effect used between 3.5 to 5 gallons. If you're environmentally conscious or just want to lower your long term water bill, it might be time for a change.
The Kohler Cimarron Comfort Height Toilet
Kohler makes excellent products of high quality that we trust and depend on. In our opinion, Kohler uses the best materials and crafts the cleanest designs. The one-piece Cimarron toilet matches a range of contemporary and classic decors. The elongated bowl offers extra room, with seating at the height of a standard chair for ease of use. A 1.28-gallon flush provides significant water savings of up to 16,500 gallons per year, compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet, without sacrificing performance.
- Single-flush gravity uses the force of gravity and a precision-engineered tank, bowl, and trapway to create a strong siphon during flushing.
- AquaPiston canister allows water to flow into the bowl from all sides (360 degrees), increasing the power and effectiveness of the flush.
- Flush valve's 3:2 ratio harnesses the natural force of gravity and optimizes flush performance.
- Durable canister design has 90% less exposed seal material than a 3-inch flapper, for leak-free performance.
The Kohler Karing Intelligent Toilet
For those of you interested in something more modern, the Karing is worth a look. Minimalist style meets maximum hygiene. The next-generation Karing Intelligent toilet features an ergonomic seat design for a streamlined look with the comfort of integrated personal cleansing. Use the advanced touchscreen remote to create your preferred settings for warmth, cleansing, and drying. The bowl is misted prior to use for more effective rinsing after flushing. The powerful 1.08-gallon flush provides significant water savings compared to a 1.28- or 1.6-gallon toilet.
- Advanced personal cleansing functionality with a self-cleaning wand and precision air dryer.
- Motion-activated, hands-free opening/closing seat and cover.
- LED nightlight illuminates the bowl for added convenience in dark spaces.
- Stainless steel wand offers adjustable spray shape, position, water pressure, temperature, pulsate and oscillate functions.
- English-language touchscreen LCD remote control.
- Self-cleaning function uses UV light and electrolyzed water systems to sanitize the wand surfaces.