What You Should Know About Water Treatment
We've been told again and again that drinking more water on a daily basis is good for our bodies. Rather than spending extra cash on bottled water that later mucks up the environment with plastic waste, we believe that a healthy lifestyle begins at home where a simple turn of the faucet should accommodate our needs.
Did You Know?
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does make some promises regarding the cleanliness of water as it leaves the local water treatment plant; however, they cannot guarantee what happens to that water as it travels all the way to your faucet. Also, there is a certain percentage of acceptable chemicals and contaminants the EPA is willing to allow.
Some of the more common contaminants found in drinking water are:
What to Do About it?
Bringing the best quality water into your home or business depends upon a number of factors. It's always safer to have your home water tested by a professional. Be proactive, be informed, and know exactly what's coming out of your faucet. At Balanced Plumbing, we understand how to do it. We focus on the installation and service of several components that work together to protect drinking water. Here are the key components:
- Water Softeners – for hard water removal
- Iron / Sulfur Units – for removal of iron and sulfur in well-water, eliminating rust stains and rotten egg smells
- Backwashing Carbon Units – for removal of chemicals (such as chlorine) and odors
- Chemical Injection Systems – for removal of bacteria and extremely severe cases of iron and sulfur
- Reverse Osmosis Units – for reduction of total dissolved solids (TDS) in drinking water
There are many benefits to water treatment. Here are some of the big benefits:
- Improves health
- Prolongs the life of all plumbing fixtures and piping
- Removes discoloration in toilets, sink basins and tubs
- Eliminates water spots on dishes
- Maintains the optimal efficiency of every type of water heater
- Healthier skin and hair, helps maintain hair color
We hold ourselves to high standards so that we may ensure you have what we like to call a delightful plumbing experience. We use only high-quality parts, equipment & materials, custom ordered locally. Part of our mission and promise includes keeping you, your home, and your family safe from drinking water contaminates.
Contact Balanced Plumbing today to learn more about how we can help you maintain the best quality water in your home!